Unreferenced E-Object_Logging

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Dec 18 15:59:48 UTC 2009

David,

On Thu 17 Dec 2009 David McFarlane wrote:
> Whether a stimulus object appears in the main Structure or in
> Unreferenced E-Objects (to be run from inline script, etc.) should
> make no difference whatsoever.  Either way you need to enable the
> Data Logging in the Properties page of that object, either from the
> Duration/Input tab or the Logging tab.

Some "Professional Faultfinder" you are!  As any idiot except you knows,
when you run a stimulus object from inline script E-Prime does *not*
generate the c.SetAttrib calls needed to log the properties of that
object (whether or not the object is in "Unreferenced E-Objects" still
makes no difference).  For that you would need to explicitly add your
own logging script, e.g.,

If RECOGNITION_TARGET.ACC = 1 then FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.Run
c.SetAttrib "FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.RESP", FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.RESP
c.SetAttrib "FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.RT", FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.RT

For more details just look at the full generated script from any
stimulus object, or look at the Context topic in the online E-Basic Help.

Furthermore, running a stimulus object from inline script does not
generate the script to construct the input mask for that object, which
could lead to other problems.  All the more why I prefer the solution of
putting the stimulus object directly in the structure and then using
If...Then...Goto to skip around it.

Next time check your facts before you shoot your mouth off and sow
confusion.  And then please spare us all your feeble attempt at
self-deprecating humor in your inevitable followup post!