Multiple Responses

Spape, Michiel MSpape at FSW.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Feb 2 15:07:30 UTC 2009

Hi Kari,
The problem would appear to be that the E-Prime data is collected and ordered by its list- (thus, presentation) order. Although I'm sure it is possible, one way or another, to force the data of a later task to be in the first task (ex1), I don't see a simple solution. However, if you fiddle around with E-DataAid, you can easily get the result for each picture, for example, by doing Analyze --> choosing the picture-name in the Row, and conditions etc from the two tasks in the Column.

But if you prefer the difficult route, you could store data from the first task in a couple of arrays or a matrix. For example, if you have 2 pictures with RTs, you could make an array:

'put this in user script (alt+5)
dim RTs() as long

And, let's say you have an attribute like PictureNum which gives each picture a unique number. Then, a script in task A would put the relevant data in the array, like:
RTs(c.GetAttrib("PictureNum")) = TextDisplay1.RT 'that is, if this textdisplay1 is the one that collects rt data.
And a script in task B would store that, if the picturenum is used there as well:
c.SetAttrib "RTOfPictureInPreviousTask", RTs(c.GetAttrib("PictureNum"))

I'm not sure what your task looks like exactly, so I'm sorry if the above is not as relevant as I hope it is, but I hope it at least illustrates the underlying logic.
Hope this helps any.
Best,

Michiel M. Spapé
Cognitive Psychology Unit
Leiden University Institute for Psychology Research & Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition
Netherlands
http://www.cognitology.eu