Response to a slide

Greg Osenbach gosenbach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 01:33:04 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I have a simple sounding question here and I am sure I am having a problem
here simply due to a lack of experience with e-prime.

I have a slide that I am looping through (time out at 100ms).  Each time I
change one of the values on the slide (random number).  The subject is
supposed to press a key to stop it and then I do some calculations with what
ever the random number was at the time.  I would like the subject to do this
with the space bar.  When I set the allowable response to {SPACE} and my
inline do a check: If Slide1.RESP = " " and I have also tries If Slide1.RESP
= chr(32), it does not work.  If I set the allowable response to 1 and do
the check If Slide1.RESP = "1", It works perfectly.  I would think that I
need something in my if statement other than " " or chr(32).

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

Greg