parallel port communication: event markers

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:14:54 UTC 2009

>Of course, you could also just use the one slide you currently have
>and add a little inline after that:
>WritePort &H378, Asc(Proposal1.RESP)

If you go this route (which is probably how I would do it), depending
on how the PsychLab equipment works you might also need to send a
full "pulse" and reset the output before continuing, something like

WritePort &H378, Asc(Proposal1.RESP)
Sleep 20
WritePort &H378, 0

Oh, following my fussy habits I would also replace the "magic number"
&H378 with a proper constant, e.g.,

Const LptDataPort as Integer = &H378
WritePort LptDataPort, Asc(Proposal1.RESP)
Sleep 20
WritePort LptDataPort, 0