send event markers of pause to EEG

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 09:05:34 UTC 2009

Hi,
Very much like this because it was the same person asking the same question, yes! In fact, I replied what I attached here anyway. However, upon looking at the rephrasing, it seems you DO have a pause object, but just don't know how to send event markers? I would suggest just going through the documentations of the EGI Biological Addons E-Prime thingy, there's a pretty clear tutorial after which you should be well able to do what I suggest below.

---

We have an EGI system here too, and yes, the 'offtotheloo' tag seems to be missing. Then again, are you really interested in analysing that anyway? If you do event-related, it is generally the case that info outside the range of tags is thrown away anyway. Let's say, however, you like to include 'resting state activity', then typically, you'd include that as a condition, right? So, add a cellnumber to the CellList (see EGI biological addons for E-Prime manual), label it 'Pause', and just send a trigger like you would trigger any other condition. Afterwards, you can always filter out, or in, those triggers.

Unless you actually want to pause recording as such, but then I'd suggest just pausing the recording of EEG on your (net station?) computer.
Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow