Simultaneous asynchronous loops//procedures

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 9 21:23:29 UTC 2009

Dave,

Clearing my desk/computer and working through some old postings that
have lingered in my mind...

Back when I programmed in C, I did dual-task designs like this by
first building a complete "schedule" of all timed events, including
randomization, jitter, etc.  Then I would just roll that out in an
event loop that also took care of all I/O and unscheduled
(contingent) events.  I can see how to do that in E-Prime too,
although I have not yet had to build such a design.  I imagine it
would involve some rather serious construction of Lists in script at
the head of the program, and then just letting E-Prime unroll it
all.  Might not be pretty, but could be done.