randomising the nth image in a sequence

Victor t1msky at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 12:25:51 UTC 2009

Hi Lois,

There may be other ways to do this but I might suggest declaring a
global variable, say Dim imagesequence as integer and then at the
beginning of a list, determine the variable as imagesequence = random
(5,8) in an inline in order to get a random number between 5 and 8.

You can then have another variable, say Dim  trialcount as integer
which increases (trialcount = trailcount + 1) after each stimlus
presentation. Also declare a variable Dim oddimage as string for the
odd image. It is then possible to have an inline before the stimulus
presnetation to say

If imagesequence = trialcount then oddimage = "file.bmp"
c.setattrib "imagevariable", oddimage

This should change the image is changed to the odd one on the
specified trial.

Hope this helps,
Tim