Alternative to response counters for selection from lists with fixed reward/loss?

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:59:39 UTC 2009

Hey!

I couldn't let go of it and got another solution. I made a screenshot
of it which can be found here: [img]http://images.redial.net/kkat.bmp[/
img]

It's basically a rearrangement of the experiment that you have already
with a few elements copied and a couple of elements added. What it
does: it starts the experiment and a trial and then based on the
answer given it continues to load either one of the decklists. For
this the 'procedure' for each trial had to be split in two: the start
of the trialproc is just as it was allready, and everything that was
happening AFTER the answer is given is now moved to a separate
procedure called 'restproc'. (which, I realise now, makes sense in
dutch but not in english >.< rename it to somethign that's convenient
to you).  I realise that the whole thing looks rather messy on the
screenshot but it will make sense if you rebuild it. (again: i'd send
you the file but it won't work as I am in e-prime 2 and you're on 1).

The inline called respchoosedeck makes the program skip to one of four
labels based on the response given (labelrespA - labelrespD). These
labels are placed on the trialproc and each label is followed by it's
corresponding decklist. Still on the trialproc each of the decklists
is followed by another piece of inline that tells the program to skip
to the end of the trialproc (to endlabel) if that inline is
encountered.

Let's move to the next level: inside each of the four decklists you
should nest a new proc (restproc in my case, call it what you like),
and place the inline called "choose1234"and the slide called "FB" on
this proc. Make all the levels of all the four decklists refer to this
very same  'restproc' .

The last pivotal setting is to change the sampling criteria on each of
the decklists: a cycle should be all 100 samples, yet the list must be
exited after 1 sample (and selection stays sequential).  Now you're
set!

The only drawback is that your errorbar does no longer seem to work,
but that might also be due to something else that I tried before
founding this solution... I didn't notice when it stopped working.

Let me know how this works for you!

AW