multiple response recording with no feedback display

EmmaB e_e_c at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:25:45 UTC 2009

Hi, Help required!

I've just about completed the eprime program for an experiment
involving participants making repetitive responses to an auditory
stimulus (within a slide).  The participant response does not
terminate the slide; instead the slide repeats at an exact timed rate
(determined by a "length" variable in the above list which is referred
to in the duration tab).  Participants respond every time they hear
the sound.  [the sound file consists of a period of silence, the beep,
then more silence hence allowing for responses either side of the
beep].  I need to record the time stamp of multiple responses per
slide e.g. up to three or four, as participants may anticipate the
beep, and press early, recorrect their mistake and press during, or
anticipate the next beep during the current stimulus.  All these

I have looked at the other multiple response posts on here, but as I
am not experienced at writing script I am struggling to adapt the
exemplar samples from the website.  They all seem to include script
that provides feedback to the participant following multiple
that is already being generated in my experiment, rather than a new
one.

I have already allowed multiple mouse presses within the advanced
settings on the input tab (e.g. up to 10). And this gives me output
for how many presses have been made.

Any help with script to add into inline objects (& advice on where the
inlines should be placed) would be greatly appreciated, as I'm really
struggling with this one!!!

Many thanks in advance!

Emma

Below is my attempt, but I know there are many things wrong with it!
but it might help demonstrate:

Dim i as Integer 'generic counter variable
Dim nClicks As Integer 'number of responses
Dim mouseMask As InputMask
Dim mouseRespColl As ResponseDataCollection
Dim OutputString as String

'figure out where we are in List1
i=c.GetAttrib("List8.Sample")
OutputString = "Trial Number " + CStr(i)
Write #1,OutputString

nClicks = practblank1.InputMasks.Item(1).Responses.Count

'write the number of responses to file
Write #1,nClicks,"number responses"

If nClicks > 0 Then

	'get the InputMask associated with the keyboard response
	Set mouseRespColl = practblank1.InputMasks.Item(1).Responses

	'display RTs for each keyboard response (from start of trial)
	For i = 1 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	Next i

If nClicks > 1 Then
	For i = 1 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	For i = 2 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i+1).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	Next i
If nClicks > 2 Then
	For i = 1 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	For i = 2 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i+1).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	For i = 3 to nClicks
		OutputString = mouseRespColl(i+3).RTTime
		Write #1,i,CInt(OutputString)

	End If

Else If nClicks = 0 Then