probability of a stimulus

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:00:51 UTC 2009

Hi Sara,

Are these stimuli presented in a list somewhere? Because in a list you
can toggle the weight of each level and thus the 'probability' of this
level to happen. To do that  you do need the two stimuli to be in
separate levels, and I don't know (obviously) if that's possible in
your task... but that would be the most easy solution. In this list
that determintes which of the two stimuli will be shown (with 66%
versus 33% change trough weight set to 1 and 2) you can nest another
list that contains the rest of the information needed for eacht trial
and have the procedure nested into that 'restinfo list'. This way only
the type of stimulus will be varied with the one being picked twice as
much as the other (do set it to random selection).

Good luck! Let me know if questions arirse (I always find it hard to
explain lists/setups in words).

AW