Sound to signal a key press

River ll356 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 26 14:57:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

This seems like a potentially simple thing to do but I can't figure it
out-is it possible to make the computer or SR box emit a beep when a
response key is pressed?
Participants will be viewing stimuli on a computer screen and
responding to it by pressing one of two buttons on the SR box (they
will press a key on every trial). I'm looking at reaction times so I
don't want them to have to look down to make sure they have made a
response (i.e. light flashes by the keys aren't ideal) however its
been mentioned that a noise to confirm a response has been recorded
would be useful....

Does anyone know if this is possible or should I just ask them to
press the keys down firmly!? I'm currently running version 1 of
Eprime.

Many thanks,

River