Flashing text

Greg Osenbach gosenbach at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:50:31 UTC 2009

Does anyone out there know a good way to make text on a slide flash?  I have
several text items on a slide that gets looped through based on responses.
For every item in the list the slide may be looped through up to 10 times
before moving on to the next list item.  One the the text objects on the
page only change when moving to a new list entry.  I would like to make the
text flash once to notify the subject that that portion changed.

I have though about setting up a small loop around the slide with some gotos
and some labels and using SlideText1.ForeColor.  Basically setting a boolean
flag for FirstPass, changing the text color and setting the slide to time
out for 400ms or something.  then doing a check and if First Pass is True,
change the text to black and then jump to a label above the slide and
setting the timeout back to infinate.  Again after the slide, check the flag
and if false, then do not go back up to the label.

This looks like a bit of a rube goldberg machine to me.  There has got to be
a simpler way.  I just am not sure what it is.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Greg