I/O device driver error

JKB kenyonboyd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:12:51 UTC 2009

Hi all,
Has anyone encountered the following error in E-Prime 2?

"An error occurred while attempting to read from the Port I/O device
driver"

We're tracking participants' gaze while they read sentences displayed
by a computer running E-Prime 2.  E-Prime is setup to send markers
through the parallel port to our eye-tracking computer, so that it
knows when critical stimuli start and stop.  The problem is that on
about 25% of our subjects, E-Prime quits in the middle of the
experiment and gives the above error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JKB