Response time-outs

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:15:32 UTC 2009

Yes, you could do this with a bit of inline script.  Put the script
at some time after the response (or rather, non-response), might as
well put it just before the end of your procedure.  Let's suppose you
ask for a response to a Slide object called ProbeSlide.  Then your
script might look like this (note the comment in the script fragment
-- *always* comment this sort of thing in your script so that the
next person (who might be you in another year) will not wonder why
you put this script here):

' Change empty response to "NA" for greater compatibility with R:
If ProbeSlide.RESP = "" Then
     ProbeSlide.RESP = "NA"
     c.SetAttrib "ProbeSlide.RESP", ProbeSlide.RESP
End If

Note that I changed both the .RESP property of ProbeSlide and the
context attrribute "ProbeSlide.RESP".  If you know what you are doing
then you only have to change one or the other (only the attribute
matters for the data log), but doing both protects you from script
that E-Studio may generate automatically later in the procedure.