voice-over and time beam

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 20:51:18 UTC 2009

one more thing.if you'd like a visible "time beam" you could perform
basically the same calculation at the end of each trial as described by
michiel (CurrentTrial/TotalTrials), but multiply that product by, say, the
screen width.  then send that value to your running list, and have a
TextObject imbedded in a SlideObject that pulls its width value from the
running list.  so, you'd need to add a column to the List that runs your
trials, and call the column "TimeBeam".  then at the end of each trial
update the value you want for the width of the TimeBeam TextObject.

CONST TotalTrials = 288 'put this in the user tab
Dim CurrentTrial as Integer 'put this in the user tab
Dim BeamWidth as Integer 'put this in the user tab

'in the Slide presenting your trial screen have a TextObject devoted
strictly to being your TimeBeam, and set the value for width for this
TextObject to [TimeBeam] so that it pulls this value from the List...

'in an Inline at the end of each trial:
CurrentTrial = CurrentTrial+1
BeamWidth = CurrentTrial/TotalTrials*Display.XRes
c.SetAttrib "TimeBeam", BeamWidth