Textbox bug in E-Prime

Rick O'Gorman rickogorman at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:04:35 UTC 2009

If you suffer it you can't miss it--whenever I double-click to edit text
in a textbox, E-Prime will randomly crash. So it doesn't do it every
time but will eventually (meaning within a few minutes of editing a
textbox). I don't do anything odd--just click into a textbox and start
adding text, deleting text or sometimes right when I double-click a
textbox it crashes.

The odd thing is that I thought this bug went away when I went from
2.0.1 to 2.0.8, but there's been a few months' gap between uses and so I
could be wrong. But you don't have to do much fancy to activate the
problem on my set-up.

I also find that the shortcut keys don't work for textboxes (ctrl-c,
ctrl-v) but do work for lists. Unrelated, but I could go on (how about
trying to get at the property box for slidestates to change the
names--aha, that took me a while to figure out).

Rick