trigger the response

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri May 8 19:32:30 UTC 2009

Sara,

The "magic number" in the script is just the address of the data port
for the parallel (aka lpt, or "lineprinter") device.  PST has a
couple sample programs on their Downloads site to illustrate this,
and you may also check the PST Knowledge Base for articles on how to
use the parallel port.  Finally, you might try a Google search for
more info on the parallel port, and then read "Parallel Port
Complete" by Jan Axelson
(http://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Port-Complete-Programming-Interfacing/dp/0965081915/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241811038&sr=1-1
).

Enjoy the technical homework,