tms pulse during video playing

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon May 18 19:40:28 UTC 2009

Hmm, you bring up an interesting limitation of movie presentation in
E-Prime.  I also find the same limitation with sound
presentation.  As far as I can tell, E-Prime has no mechanism to
perform secondary actions or script during the playback of sound or
movie files.  With a lower level language (e.g., C or C++) I would
write a loop to keep refreshing the output buffer and checking the
clock to perform other actions, but I do not know how to do that with
E-Prime objects, or if that is even possible.  I will be really
interested if someone more clever than me can post a solution.