correct answer depending on "group" startup information

Tobi tobias.fw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:06:49 UTC 2009

Thank you very much for your e-mail. Only now I had the time to have a
close look at the problem again. It helped very much to solve the
problem. Just to maybe help others, I attach your e-mail here in the
forum so that it can be found by others. I guess that you're in favor
of that as you've already tried to post it aswell but then lost it.

"Hello Tobias,

Only last week did I have something similar at hand...
In my task a version (A B C or D) is assigned to each subject based on
subject number. Several features differ between the four different
versions, one of which is the
order of the response keys. I solved this as follows; in the slides
the correct response refers to an attribute called cresp, which is
declared on the user tab. In the triallist I have two collumns one
called abcresp, other one cdcresp (version A & B, and C & D are the
same response-key wise). An inline at the start of each trial tells
eprime to take the value from either abcresp or cdcresp and use this
value as cresp, depending on the variable 'version'.

Step 1:
declare the variable cresp on the user tab: dim cresp as string

step 2:
tell the responseslide that the correct response is [cresp]

step 3:
make two attribute collums in your triallist that contain the correct
response for both your 'groups', for instance group1cresp and
croup2cresp and fill them with D's and F's accordingly

step4:
add an inline at the start of your trialproc that contains something
like this:

If c.getattrib ("group") = 1 then
       c.setattrib "cresp", c.getattrib ("group1cresp")

If c.getattrib ("group") = 2 then
       c.setattrib "cresp", c.getattrib ("group2cresp")

end if

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

liw"