Return to embedded list in a procedure

c.coughlin5 c.coughlin5 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:55:53 UTC 2009

I am new to E-Prime and computer programming in general, and I need to
write a working memory experiment. How it's supposed to work is: In
the main list, there are 4 embedded lists for the 4 conitions
(CS,CO,SO,OS). Within each of those embedded lists I have 4 lists
(Count2, Count3,Count4, and Count5) (All of the Count lists have the
same 14 sentences in them).

The experiment needs to, starting from the main list, go to one of the
conditions (CS,CO...) and then, at random, go through 2,3,4,or 5 items
from that list before going back up to the main list and going through
it again. I set it up with the Count2,Count3...lists for each
condition to write separate procedures for retrieving 2,3,4, or 5
times before going to the Recall screen.

The problem I've encountered is that after running through a procedure
once, I can't get it to go back to the Count list to get a new
sentence. The counter works, but it just repeats the same sentence
2,3,4, or 5 times before going to the Recall screen, and then going
back to the main list to continue on to the next item.

Any ideas how I can fix this?