Port I/O device driver error

sofia laureano sofia.schelten at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:20:18 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I have been getting this message everytime I am running a task and
want to send markers through the parallel port:

Run-time Error (Line 654) 10055: Unable to communicate with the port I/
O device driver

Error: 0x00000000

Please ensure the Port I/O device driver is installed

The task works perfectly on a similar computer (same model).
In the windows XP device manager, the port is listed as "working
properly", and all the settings are equal to those on the computer
where the task runs without errors.

Any ideas would be more than welcome!

Thanks,
Sofia