correct answer depending on "group" startup information

Tobi tobias.fw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:40:20 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the "group" variable than can be prompted
for in the beginning of each session. I want to change the correct
answer key according to this group variable (and change the key
assignment as a consequence of corse).

In a very easy example there might be a trials with a target or no
target (blank). One group should answer with "w" for TARGET and "q"
for BLANK, the other group the other way round:

LIST:

ID             Procedure   corrAns
-------------------------------
1		blank	        [no]
1		target	[yes]

I used this InLineas the very first line:

dim yes, no
if group = 1 then yes = "q" and no = "w"
if group = 2 then yes = "w" and no = "q"

Unfortunately I get the error message "Unknown function "group"".
What does that mean? I am not so familiar with Basic, so any help
might be very cool.
Maybe you have other suggestions to change key assignment by the help
of startup information.

Thanks a lot,
Tobias