Thread Error - Sound Buffer

Deb Malpass debramalpass at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 13:08:13 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm running an experiment that requires participants to listen to an
auditory question and then respond following three beeps.  The program
runs fine during the first trial and then crashes during the second
trial with the following error message:

"Unable to communicate with thread that fills the sound buffer
contents
Extra1: 320000
Extra2: 0
Extra3: 421250
Extra4: No
Extra 5: 2696

Error Number: -999"

I'm running E-Prime v.2 on Windows XP.  All of the .wav files are
recorded as 16bit 22050Hz in stereo. The auditory question files are
between 70 and 90KB in size and the beep file is 5KB.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any insights in how to address this
problem.

Many Thanks,

Debra Malpass