problem with short ISI

susie svlevi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:28:50 UTC 2009

I have a vowel discrimination task (vowels are 50 ms each) that I've
been presenting at several ISIs (as low as 40 ms and as long as 1500
ms). All of these ISIs have been correctly logged (subtracting slide
onset of the blank screen from the onset of the second vowel).  I have
it set up to play a sound object, have a blank screen for the duration
of the specified ISI, and then the second sound object. (I have the
ISI blank screen set to preload at 100 ms and the sounds are set to
'streaming'. Also, I'm running 2.0 Pro on an XP machine). When I
changed the duration of the blank screen to 10 ms I got actual
durations from 27 to 40 ms. I've tried adding a preload of 50 to the
second sound object and have also tried to reduce the preload on the
blank screen to 50 ms and these have not helped.

Thanks in advance!
Susie