Signal detection theory

Robert Ariel rariel at kent.edu
Tue Apr 20 23:55:16 UTC 2010

Well, if you buy the assumptions of SDT you can.  Remember, SDT makes
assumption about behavior.  Specifically that decisions are made by applying
a decision criterion to the evidence extracted from each trial.   So, you
could conclude that one condition has a higher hit rate because that
condition has a larger bias toward saying yes in your experiment.  I guess
the question is, does it make theoretical sense to do so?