Adding a visual basic script into E-Prime

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 29 21:25:07 UTC 2010

Without going into great detail, although E-Prime does derive from
Visual Basic for Applications, it provides a highly customized and
specialized platform (otherwise there would be no point to using it
instead of straight VB).  IOW, it is rather more (and less) than just
a VB platform with an added library of routines.  So you cannot
simply copy & paste VB code and expect it to work.  In particular,
the code that you reference contains a class definition, and the
geniuses at PST do not allow us to define our own custom classes in
E-Basic <sigh>.

<editorial>
BTW, I don't know why everybody calls this "script" instead of
"code", *especially* when referring to straight VB instead of E-Basic
-- I have read through several VB books, the word "script" never
appears there and they uniformly refer to "code" (just like at the
link that you posted).
</editorial>