presenting words (in random order) from 2 lists on 1 screen

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 08:49:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

If I understand your quesiton, nesting should work for the situation you
describe.

For example your main list can contain a column with your 42 place names
(and whatever other dimensions of the places are relevant).  For each
one, under "Nested" specify EmotionList - a list containing three rows,
one for each of the three emotions (with weight of 14 each if you want
them to be equally represented over the 42 trials and randomly paired
with one of the 42 place names).  You can use column names like
[placeName] or [emotionType] regardless of which list they have come from.

I think you also need to set this nested list to exit after one sample
as well.

hope this helps,
david (the other one)

--