Adjusting length of trial based on performance

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Aug 5 16:08:39 UTC 2010

Rachel,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although current
estimates are more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

For a hint on how to programmatically adjust stimulus durations,
first study Chapter 4, "Using E-Basic", of the User's Guide that came
with E-Prime.  Then look at the "ContingentStimulusDuration" example
downloadable from PST.

For another hint on how to make trials contingent on subject
performance, see the "CriterionForExit" example downloadable from PST.