Please help developing adaptive paradigm

Erin ingvalson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:51:50 UTC 2010

Hi All-

I'm developing an adaptive training experiment that will take place
over several days. Within a day, the difficulty of a given block will
depend on the Ss performance on the previous block. The next day's
session will require the experimenter to enter what difficulty level
to start at, mostly because I can't think how to get E-Prime to store
this information between sessions.

I think the best way to do this is to have difficulty as an attribute
called Condition. The experimenter enters this at the beginning, then
c.GetAttrib("Condition") sets the difficulty level. After n trials, an
in-line script checks the accuracy and uses c.SetAttrib("Condition")
for the next block.

I think it makes the most sense to have each difficulty level as its
own procedure and list all these procedures in List1. After n blocks,
the experiment would terminate. The problem I'm having is that I can't
figure out how to call procedures from List1 based on a particular
Condition. For example, if the experimenter enters Condition 1, I want
to call and run Procedure 1. After say 25 trials, I want to set
Condition to 2 then run Procedure 2.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or is there a better way to code this
experiment?

Thanks.

-Erin