"continue" only possible after x seconds

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Feb 1 21:08:29 UTC 2010

liw indeed gave you the easy way.  But if you want a more complicated
way, here you go...

(1) Put up your instruction Slide for, let's say, 15 seconds, taking
no response.  Follow that with a Wait object with infinite Duration
that does get a response with an End Action of Terminate.  Your
subject will see the instructions for 15 s, then the instructions
will simply remain until they respond to the Wait.

(2) Or, as above, put up your instruction Slide for 15 s, taking no
response.  This time follow it with another Slide or TextDisplay that
adds only the "press key to continue" and then gets a response as
above -- if you fiddle with the Frame Width, Height, X, Y, and
BackStyle transparent you can overlay your new display without
disturbing the earlier instruction display.  I have done this to
create all sorts of effects myself.