Time Limit Indication

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Feb 5 16:05:10 UTC 2010

Rachna,

I would do this using "extended input" to cover the 8 s period.  Then
set the Duration of the stimulus to 6 or 7 s, followed by some
warning display (perhaps with a limited Frame so as not to cover the
stimulus).  Etc.  If I used End Action Terminate then I would need
some inline code between the stimulus and the warning in order to
skip the warning in case a response came before the warning; or, if I
used End Action Jump I might get it to jump past the warning after a
response without using any code.

Start by working through Appendix C of the User's Guide that came
with E-Prime in order to familiarize yourself with extended input,
and take it from there.

-- David McFarlane, Professioal Faultfinder