scoring a nonresponse as a correct answer

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:17:34 UTC 2010

i think you'll need to use an inline to do this, but i also think you can
mostly avoid the complications introduced by using the prerelease.
here's what i would do:

put your inline after the 1000 ms blank screen, knowing that the inline code
may be read as early as 900 ms into the blank screen's duration (and only
1150 ms after onset of your letter stimulus).
the script in the inline would be something like this:
Do
Loop Until (Clock.Read - LetterStimulus.OnsetTime) < (1250 -
Display.RefreshDurationStats.Mean)
If LetterStimulus.RESP = "" And c.GetAttrib("Stim") = "X" Then
LetterStimulus.ACC = 1

that Do...Loop will loop continuously until there is less than a single
screen refresh's worth of milliseconds remaining in the LetterStimulus's
response window, at which point the script will kick out of the Do...Loop,
check to see if there was no response, and if no response and if 'X' then
assign an accuracy of '1' to the LetterStimulus object.

how's that?

ben