textDisplay objects not aligning

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jan 8 21:00:23 UTC 2010

ajr,

Hmm, unrequested random vertical placement of text in a TextDisplay
object, that is weird.  I would be curious to know what the "couple
of characters" might be, and whether you have any blank lines
inserted at the top of any of the TextDisplay objects, although those
would not explain the random placement.

As to controlling the absolute placement of text on the screen, two approaches:

- With a TextDisplay object, reduce the frame dimensions, then move
the frame position via the frame X & Y properties.

- Use a SlideText sub-object on a Slide display.