Graphic Software for stimulus design

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Jan 11 19:06:07 UTC 2010

I try to stick to programming and let others do the graphic
design.  But if I do get stuck with graphic design then I too prefer
a vector-based product, so I might want to look at that winfig myself, thanks.

And as you say, sometimes it works well just to draw directly with
E-Prime script.  I had been hesitant to do this for performance
reasons, but then I figured out how to draw my shapes ahead of time
on an offscreen canvas, and then use a little bit of script to just
copy the predrawn figures onto the onscreen canvas where & when needed.

Finally, like Michiel I sometimes find simple old MS Paint good
enough.  Also long ago I had a good experience with Paint Shop Pro,
but I have not looked at that since Corel got hold of it.  Finally, I
have tried a free product called Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net
), that looks pretty good (at least my 12-year-old nephew found it a
quite suitable substitute for Photoshop, downloaded & had it running
himself in minutes after I told him about it).

Just my $.02.