beginners questions

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Jan 12 21:43:55 UTC 2010

Yoed,

>as for my second question:
>1. david - i want my subjects to type an answer as a response which
>will be registered by e-prime - do you know how to do that (regardless
>of hebrew, ill even settle for english for the moment)

The quick & dirty way is to use an AskBox or InputBox, see those
topics in the online E-Basic Help.  The better way is to use the
Advanced input mask to increase the MaxCount and add an
EchoClient.  If you browse through the Samples area of PST Web
Support they may have an example to show this, or submit a request to
them at http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours.

I will also send you separately a little demo program that I wrote a
few months back.  It's a little more complicated than you want,
because I wanted to explore Echo Clients along with multiple input
masks and extended input.  And I will not answer any questions about
my demo program, you have to dissect it for yourself :>.