beginners questions

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 14 21:22:10 UTC 2010

Yoed,

>1. david - i want my subjects to type an answer as a response which
>will be registered by e-prime

I just noticed that my earlier response neglected the "will be
registered by e-prime" aspect of your question.  For the record,
things like AskBox or InputBox will not log anything to the data file
unless you add some specific script to do that.  In contrast, using
advanced features of the Input Mask will get your responses logged
without needing script, unless you want more extensive information
like the time of each key press, etc. (for things like that you have
to delve into the InputMask.Responses topic of the online E-Basic
Help, and download the example program from PST).