accuracy summation

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 14 22:50:07 UTC 2010

Rachna,

Standard reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
really does like to take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours.  So don't be shy
there.  3) If you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please
extend the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take ...

I see two issues here:  (1) How to collect accuracy statistics during
the session, and  (2) how to display that result contingent to some condition.

As to (1), in broad scope you need to use some inline script and set
up some global variable(s) as needed.  Study Chapter 4 of the User's
Guide that came with E-Prime to get started on this.  You might also
find the Summation object useful here, look at that topic in the
online E-Basic Help.

As to (2), you might take care of this with an If...Then construct in
some inline script.  Or, depending on your program structure, you
could use a Condition List set to Counterbalance order to pick
different Procedures with different display options as needed.

public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)