beginners questions

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 12:13:04 UTC 2010

Thanks for that thread, it was quite a good read, apart from the final response ("your concerns have been noted", but then in 2000 words). I, too, thought it was a horrible idea to delete that capability and I understood the concerns about protection, but what is so difficult about adding a little checkbox under "generate script" with "encryption"? PST keeps reminding me of the product-formerly-known-as-SPSS (now PASW?) who kept adding features few of the former 'end users' (i.e. Statistical Package for Social Sciences) really needed, presumably requested by marketing strategists and big time organisations, at the cost of massive processing power, whilst keeping the known bugs right where they used to be (ever tried editing the legends of plots made with Repeated Measures ANOVAs?)
Sorry, just needed to do a Monday morning rant...

Cheers,

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow
Perception & Action group