Specifying output data file location?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jan 22 15:18:50 UTC 2010

As noted, that solution has been around since EP1.1, and in fact Ms.
Carper copied her answer directly from PST Knowledge Base article
#1073, itself posted way back in May of 2001.  So nothing new
there.  Nevertheless, no-one here steered you to that solution.  Wonder why?

Because nobody so far as I know has found that capability of any
use.  Think about it.  The E-DataPath environment variable sends
*all* your data from *all* your studies to the same directory.  This
is useful only in those cases where someone wants to gather all the
data from all their studies into one master directory -- say, if you
run the same study from several networked machines, but want all the
data gathered into one networked directory for easier merging (but
for critical timing you should never run E-Prime on a networked
machine anyway, so much for that use).

But this is almost the *opposite* of what you want for your use.  Of
course, with some clever use of batch files or AutoIt script you
might manage to set a different E-DataPath environment variable for
different runs, good luck with that.  So far I have not found anyone
who has had any use for the E-DataPath environment variable, so I
will be very interested to learn what you make of it.

public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)