Clearing half a screen

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 13:37:57 UTC 2010

Hi,
I imagine you have had more experience with programming than with E-Prime, am I correct? In E-Prime, it is usually much easier just to have three screens popping up than repeating the same one, for instance, your questions seems to mean
Start:
-Show picture1 with question1
-Clear question1 and insert question2
Goto Start

Which makes sense in normal programming, but not a lot in E-Prime. Instead, you will find this is very easily implemented as
-Slide1 has picture [CurrentPicture] and [Question1]
-Slide2 has picture [CurrentPicture] and [Question2]
-Slide3 has picture [CurrentPicture] and [Question3]
Since each one is after the other and refer to the same picture, the Question looks as if 'erased' from the screen, even though it's a totally new slide; i.e. the picture remains intact, as you ask. Questions here can be used in a nested list type of way, so as to properly randomised.

In the end, I see absolutely no reason why you need ANY script in order to do what you seem to be wanting.
Best,
Michiel

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow