Sound files not playing

Hester Duffy hester.duffy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:09:16 UTC 2010

Hi All,

This may be a stupid question; I'm not a programmer, and am only
really learning e-prime as I go along, so I do apologise if there's an
obvious answer!
I have a program which plays short soundfiles and then asks for
keypress responses to them. However, some of the files are not being
played; I'm getting a short silence instead. The soundfiles exist, are
properly named, and contain the correct content, so I'm fairly sure
they are not the problem. I'm also fairly sure e-prime is finding
them, because it crashes if it's asked to use a file which it can't
find. It seems to be happening intermittently within a block, so I
don't think it's the list properties at fault either.
Any suggestions as to where else the problem might lie? I'm not
getting any compiler or run errors, which would point me in the right
direction!

I'm using v2.0 professional, if that makes any difference.

Many thanks for any pointers!