Movie issues

Heather Bortfeld huskypuplab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:14:17 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Our group is having issues in getting movies to play in E-Prime. We
scoured the web for any sort of tutorials, but we could not really
find anything.

The closest thing we could find would be:
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/23309095770f9615/46650da6fe80f2a1

Our problems are not exactly the same, in that we were able to play
MovieRT, but we could still get the same error message when we tried
to input our movies. We have tried converting the movie to different
versions (divx to mpeg2) to no avail.

 The .divx file gave us an error that read, "this application has
requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." While
the .mpeg gave us the error "An error occurred while attempting toload
the movie."

At this point we're not sure if it's the file or if we're inputting
the movie file incorrectly. We dissected the MovieRT file in hopes of
finding out to properly set up an experiment that involves movies, but
we cannot figure out how the box files and such are linked to the e-
prime.

Could anyone provide a breakdown of how exactly one inputs a movie
file?