Changing sub-object duration property

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 29 18:04:27 UTC 2010

Fiona,

Just extending what Mich proposed...

- StimSlide (with stimulus plus Yes & No), Duration = 0
- HitTestCode inline to handle mouse clicks
during the StimSlide, skip to HitDoneLabel upon a
valid response, and to timeout at 2000 ms
- YesNoSlide (with just Yes & No), Duration = 0
- HitTestCode2 (possibly the same as HitTestCode
earlier) to handle mouse clicks during the YesNoSlide
- HitDoneLabel

Note that, if you want to handle multiple mouse
clicks (e.g., subject might click on Yes, No, or
a null region), then you must set Slide durations
to 0 in order to get to the inline code which
handles the mouse clicks, timing, &
termination.  (Advanced users may instead set
StimSlide Duration = 2000 and PreRelase >= 2000,
which offers some coding advantages.)  PST might
have an example program to show some of this that
you may download from their web site.

Note that both inline code segments may apply
.HitTest to the same Slide (e.g., both use
StimSlide,  or both use YesNoSlide), it does not
matter which Slide appears on the display at the
moment.  .HitTest does not care at all about what
actually appears on the screen (and for that
matter, does not even require an actual mouse
click); it merely takes the given SlideState and
x-y coordinate and finds the name of the Slide
region or sub-object to be found at that
location.  IOW, .HitTest is little more than a
slightly disguised & elaborated PointInRect().