Near infrared Spec/Exp/Harmony

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 29 19:41:23 UTC 2010

Jimmy,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although current
estimates are more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

I do not think that inline code will help you here, unless you want
to write an entire Bluetooth driver in E-Basic, which I highly advise
against, because if you knew enough to be able to write a Bluetooth
driver then you would already know why you would not want to write it
in E-Basic.  I am afraid that you will have to wait until PST adds
Bluetooth support to E-Prime, and really I do not yet see any reason
that they would want to do such a thing, although I would like to
hear others weigh in on that.  Your best bet other than that is to
find a DLL that will add the needed Bluetooth support, and then
figure out how to add the relevant Decalare statements to use those
DLL functions in E-Basic (see the Declare topic in the online E-Basic
Help).  Good luck with that!