starting & stopping other program actions & microphone issues

Josh phoenix345 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:17:07 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am not an e-prime programmer, but I have been designated as the e-
prime frontliner for my study. My team has asked me to track down the
answer for two issues. I could not find a clear solution in the
archives:

1. In our piloting of three e-prime 2.0 release candidate experiments
this week, the performance of the microphone & serial response box was
inadequate & variable. We are using the microphone to record responses
and response times to two affective stroop experiments. Often subjects
had to repeat their answer to a given stimulus before the microphone
would signal the program to move on to the next stimulus. When we
turned the sound sensitivity screw on the serial response box,
movements from onlookers during the piloting would sometimes trigger
the program to move on to the next stimulus. In addition, most audio
files for each response were empty/blank. Any helpful suggestions
would be much appreciated.

2. We are recording respiration and heart rate data using MindWare
software & associated hardware. Ideally, we would like e-prime to tell
MindWare when to begin and end recording heart data for each section
of each experiment. Does anyone know if this is possible? Again, any
direction to an archive or tutorial would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Josh