Eprime output with eye tracking help

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:44:30 UTC 2010

Hi,
It's a Tobii, yes? The values between 0 and 1 (reported as XY coordinates) are a function of the screen: 0 is left (pixel 1), 1 is right (pixel 640 in 640x480 resolution). This is all thoroughly explained in the documentation. Tobii Extensions for E-Prime also give you, by default, the pixel coordinates themselves; I don't know why you chose not to record these.
Anyway, my suggestion: open a BIG .gazedata file in Excel, look at the column variables, put the manual next to it, and see what it means. Personally, I'd suggest learning Matlab to analyse the data, though I know people who have successfully used Excel, SPSS and even BrainVisionAnalyzer instead. Let us know how you get on with this!
Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow