Terminating sounds effects after participant responds to 10 items

Joyce Humphries joyce.humphries1 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:12:39 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice with an eprime experiment
that we are currently trying to set up.

It's a face recognition experiment. During the learning phase participants
will view 4 different groups of faces and with each group a different sound
file will be played. During the test phase is where the problem arises.
Participants are required to respond to ten faces while a particular sound
track plays in the background. Participants can take as long as they like to
respond so there is no time limit. However, once a participant has responded
to all 10 images we need the sound track that is currently playing to
terminate and a new sound track to begin for the second set of faces that
will be shown.  However, this is where our problem arises, instead of the
sound track finishing it simply plays over the new track. Any advice on how
to terminate the first track before the second track starts? We have four
separate trails in the recognition (test) phase each with a different track
playing.

We would really appreciate any advice

Best wishes