Parallels issues

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Mar 17 23:20:12 UTC 2010

blankman77 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I had exactly the same problem. It started last month as well. So far,
> I have not found any solution to it. I am really curious as to why
> this would suddenly come up after E-prime ran perfectly on this setup
> for over a year. Did you happen to update eprime just before this
> occurred? Do you know if there are older versions of eprime 2.0
> floating around?

This is exactly why we disable the autoupdate on every E-Prime
installation, we do not like surprises.  Instead we manually download
the update files directly from PST and then carefully deploy them, on
our own schedule.  It is also why I keep a collection of installation
files for every version of E-Prime that we have ever installed, saved in
multiple locations, so that we can always roll back to any previously
working version.  You might want to adopt the same practice.