changing CorrectAnswer

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Mar 18 17:34:54 UTC 2010

Eli,

With all that said, how about if we think outside the frame of your
question as posed and see how to do this with no code at all?  Here's how:

In your TrialList, add two columns called CorrectLeft and
CorrectRight.  Fill these in with the correct assignments for left &
right.  Now, in the Correct property of your Stim1 object, enter the
following exactly:
[Correct[Handedness]]

Note the use of nested brackets.  Now on each trial, using the inner
brackets Stim1 will construct an attribute reference from
Correct[Handedness], either Correctleft or Correctright (note that
E-Prime ignores case here).  Then it will use that value in the outer
brackets to get the correct value from the desired column.

Isn't that slick?  I tested this and it really does work for me.  Who
would have thought that E-Prime allows nested attribute references
using the bracket notation?  Nice feature, now that we know, so
thanks for the question!