entering hebrew letters as response

Yoed Kenett yoedkenett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 10:14:21 UTC 2010

hi
thank you so much for your help
i just want to say in my defense that many people have told me how to record
keyboard responses and i am quite grateful for all of their help and i have
managed to do it through their help. what i still have not managed is for
the subject to enter his response and see hebrew font and for the program to
code his response in hebrew letters and english gibrish.

i have checked and i can select a hebrew font in my echo advanced display
settings. i changed the font of the echo display to a hebrew font and still
when i tried to type a response in the experiment it was still in english
characters and also the program recorded the answer in english and not
hebrew characters.
what is my next step?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:59 PM, liwenna <liwenna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome back Yoed.
>
> So you still didn't solve this, hey?
>
> I think that many people already gave you their look on this and that
> you've been asked to provide some more info on what is going wrong
> where exactly.
>
> Last time I tried to install a hebrew font on my computer but that
> totally crashed my account so I won't try that again... but for what
> it's worth: I assume you do have hebrew fonts installed on your
> computer... can you choose them in e-prime?? i.e. if you have a
> textobject, can you select a hebrew font on the font option?
>
> If you make a slide and in the slide properties under the input tab
> add the keyboard as an input device and then choose advance... you can
> create an 'echo'... under echo tab add a display-device. Next go to
> edit the display device and now you can choose a font under the font
> tab which will be the font e-prime uses for the echo (i.e. showing on
> the screen) of what is typed. I can select wingdings here (for lack of
> hebrew font) and it will show me wingdings on the screen all right.
>
> Don't forget to increase the max count on the general tab of the
> 'keyboard advanced properties', it it's set to 1 you can only enter 1
> character before the slide will 'jump'. Set it to 6 and you can enter
> 6 character etc. Also set the the slide duration to infinite.
>
> If this works you'll still need to adjust settings on the echo, so
> doing the above stuff won't 'finish'your experiment but just let us
> know whether or not you receive hebrew letters if you take the above
> steps or not.
>
> Best,
>
> liw
>

> On Mar 15, 12:48 pm, Yoed <yoedken... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi there
> > i have eprime2 and in my experiment i am presenting my subject with a
> > visual stimuli and then ask him to write down his answer with the
> > keyboard via echo recording. the problem i have is that i need the
> > subject to write his response in hebrew and right now i cant figure
> > out how to do that - only able to write a response in latin characters
> > which makes it quite difficult to convert it later back to hebrew
> > can anyone help me with this?
> > thanks
>
> --

Yoed